I do not think that followers of Judaism try very much to recruit new converts.
Christianity and Islam are a bit more evangelistic, but I am left wondering
about what you mean by Semitic evangelism.

I ask for clarification on this forum because of some threads that asserted
that westerner folk who pursue zen tend to be more contaminated with Semitic
ideals of good and evil than those from Eastern societies. So is it the dualism
or the evangelism that is claimed to be Semitic?

I wonder if you Mel agree with Ed that my original line about the peach And the
painting was in fact evangelistic?

For the record, while I myself answer 'sit' to people seem receptive to that
method of easing living, I do so with an implicit assertion that they are free
individuals and will work out their path according to their own lights.

Thanks,
Chris Austin-Lane
Sent from a cell phone

PS. Obligatory zen story:

A politician visits the wise zen master and asks the secret. The master
replies, "do what is good and do not do what is not good." the politician rolls
his eyes and says, "my kid can tell me that!" the master says, "we all know
this, but even this wise zen master has trouble doing it."