I understand where you're coming from, but for me the problem is contamination. Since everyone has a desire to be healthy, I don't know what's a healthy way of avoiding contamination and what's an unhealthy way.
How do you deal with the uncertainty? --- In [email protected], "SteveW" <eugnostos2...@...> wrote: > > > > --- In [email protected], "Dave P" <wookielifeday@> wrote: > > > > I've been trying to keep up with the zazen, mostly with success, and > > keeping up with the mindfulness, but I still have the nagging question that > > troubles my OCD: > > > > What do I do when, in order to confront my OCD, I must do something that > > feels "wrong," that feels like I'm endangering myself? > > > > I know you're not experts on OCD, but you must have had some experience > > with a fear that seemed completely rational. It is, of course, the > > uncertainty that hurts the most. Any suggestions? > > > Hi Dave. When I was younger, I was troubled by obssesive checking behavior. > I have found that, for me, it is a matter of just being mindful of the > anxiety, as it arises, without either trying to run away from it or run > toward it. And then I choose to do something else that is unrelated in order > to redirect my attention. In my case, I enjoy karate, so I would go work on a > kata, or form exercise. But any activity that you enjoy will do. The OCD is > just a glitch in your amygdala brain center. Just be mindful of it, label it > as just a glitch that is not really "you", and then redirect your attention > to something else. Worked for me. > Steve > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
