My educational background is hard science, Geology/Geophysics and I've had a
life long interest in Archeology.  My point was that some catastrophic event
occured that involved lots of water and great widespread distruction in and
around the Mediterranean.  There are recorded myths in several cultures in the
area that speak of a great flood. Thera blew it's top 3600 years ago and the
Minoan culture disappeared soon after.  That being said I feel that
dismissing the entire Judeo-Christian mythos based on the improbability of a
Great Flood be reconsidered.  At the very least the Bible is a wonderful
historical compilation.  Have any of you read Herodotus?  They both
are recorded
histories and are extremely interesting from that point.

Old vs New Testiment. It is a common observation that in the old Testiment
there
was a Warrior God who rained down destruction on all opposition. Just the kind
of thing that a nomadic culture might adopt.  The new Testiment is a Divine,
loving Father. God is Love. There is no reconciling the two.  The Bible is a
collection of stories handed down over millenia.  No writer of the New
Testiment
ever met Jesus in the flesh.  All of what is written there was written decades,
if not centuries after his death. The First Council of Nicea in 325 AD was the
first attempt to structure it all into a piece. Stuff was excluded and other
stuff added.  Reading stuff like this is a real eye opener sometimes
http://www.thenazareneway.com/council_of_nicaea_nicea_325.htm and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East%E2%80%93West_Schism

 Bill

Find what makes your heart sing…and do it!