Joe,

Reason and rational mind are used in everything. That's how people are able to
put on their pants in the morning by using their rational mind.

You are claiming Sheng Yen couldn't even put on his pants much less teach Zen.
But you are obviously wrong.

Anyone who is able to write an English sentence is using their rational mind
which you certainly do voluminously.

Shame you don't even understand what the rational mind is.

Even your denying it is using it! You can't deny it without using it!

Edgar