Chris,

I'm proud of your understanding of my theory, at least in your first sentence.

Yes, it is true that stones are fundamentally result states of computations
occurring in the world of forms. What WE experience as stones are OUR
computations of the interactions of our empty form with the empty forms of
stones. However stones don't themselves compute their next state at least in
the usual sense of the stone itself as an active intelligence.

As to the definition of reason and rationality I repeat that all organisms can
be considered as intelligent 'programs' running in the information world of the
world of forms. They are intelligent in the sense that they are able to compute
actions that enable them to function more effectively than would be the case if
they just followed the laws of inanimate nature as the computations that are
stones do.

So rationality and reason in my definition doesn't mean someone is
exceptionally intelligent. It just means that they do better than randomly
following the laws of inanimate nature. Even worms and bacteria are this kind
of intelligent system and in my sense they do reason.

Hmmm, maybe I should start using intelligence instead of reason or rationality?

Do you think that would help people understand what I'm saying better?

Edgar