Gary Smith favored us with:
>> Hussein may not be directly involved in the past attacks, but is part of
>> a growing regional problem. Given what we know of history, if a new Nazi
>> party arose in Germany, and Jews started disappearing into concentration
>> camps; would you suggest we wait until they attacked us to do something
>> about it?  I know America historically has striven to stay aloof,
>> especially in war. However, we now live in an age of mass destruction.
>> Would you suggest we wait until one of our major cities is left
>> uninhabitable by a dirty bomb? The fall of the WTC damaged our economy,
>> extending the recession for over a year. Imagine the economic damage if
>> NYC, LA, or some other major city were evacuated and left empty for years
>> while we cleaned up the radiation contamination. Is that what you are
>> suggesting we do?

This seem very close the thinking used by men who feel the Constitution is obsolete
because
"...we now live in an age of <fill in whatever you please>.  Right is right.  And
wrong is wrong.  It is wrong to go to war unless you have been attacked by an
aggressor.  And so far, no one has convinced me that the attack on 9-11 was something
financed and ordered by Saddam Hussein.  If we are going to bomb some country back to
the stone age, let's at least get the right country.  We ought to bomb Saudi Arabia
before Iraq.  Or... I guess we could just declare war against the whole Islamic world.
 That might be fun.  I hope you all have a safe place to hide.

John W. Redelfs                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the
darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in
high [places]. (Ephesians 6:12)
"All my opinions are tentative pending further data." --JWR