Aman is one of Israel's 5 intelligence agencies (military intelligence, or in
Hebrew, Agaf ha-Modi'in). It is also the name of a news agency in the Middle
East. Israel's best-known intelligence service is known as Mossad. There's also
Shin Bet, Lekem and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Centre for Policy Research.

Iraq has a whole bunch of intelligence services:
National Security Council (Maktab al-Amn al-Qawml)
Special Security Service (Jihaz al-Himaya al-Khas)
Iraqi Intelligence Service -- General Intelligence Directorate (Jihaz
al-Mukhabarat al-Amma)
Project 858 (Al Hadi)
Military Intelligence (al-Istikhbarat al-Askariyya)
Military Security Service (Al Amn al-Askariyaa)
General Security Service (Mudiriyat al-Amn-Al-Amma)
Special Republican Guard
Saddam's Martyrs (Fedayeen Saddam)

[and I suspect I've missed some]

In any case, do you seriously think this piece of intelligence is sufficient for
George III to build invasion plans on, even if it were true? After all, do you
have any idea how many intelligence services the *U.S.* has? Just a rough
guess....

Dan R Allen wrote:

> Dan:
> Saddam may not have ordered the attacks, but it is very likely that he was
> involved in the planning, or financial and intel support.
>   http://www.cnsnews.com/Pentagon/Archive/200109/PEN20010925a.html
> "the CIA is looking into whether one of the suicide pilots in the Sept. 11
> attacks - Mohammed Atta - met Iraqi agents while he was organizing his
> terrorist cell in the German city of Hamburg."
> "In addition, Jane's Foreign Report, a highly regarded intelligence
> publication, reports that Israel's military intelligence service, Aman,
> suspects that Iraq sponsored the suicide attacks on the World Trade Center
> and the Pentagon."

I see they haven't given a specific citation to Jane's. Also, CNS is a subsidiary
of the Media Research Center, whose stated purpose is to be "The Leader in
Documenting, Exposing and Neutralizing Liberal Media Bias"
http://www.mediaresearch.org/

Gosh, you don't think they'd have a conservative, pro-war bias, do you?

> He has supported, and continues to support the recruitment of suicide
> bombers by paying the surviving families:
>   http://www.cnsnews.com/ForeignBureaus/Archive/200204/FOR20020412f.html

Did you even read this? It doesn't talk about Iraq, but *Saudi Arabia* giving the
survivors cash payments. Sounds like Rumsfeld's confused. The article said he
didn't know anything about the Saudi program. Oh well, they all look alike, don't
they :-/

> "Last week, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld criticized Saddam for
> increasing from $10,000 to $25,000 the compensation he is prepared to pay
> families who send one of their own to become a suicide bomber."

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."

solely; its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the authorís employer,