> Dan:
> Where is the evidence that those 15 were sent by the Saudi government?

Marc:
Their passports. John didn't say they were sent by the Saudi government, he
merely pointed out that they were Saudis, which is true.

Dan:
I wasn't denying that they were Saudi's; only that they were not operating
under orders from the Saudi government. On the other hand, Iraq's
government, through Saddam, has been linked to terrorism.

> Osama bin Laden was exiled from Saudi Arabia well before the attacks.

???On the WTC.??? - What does this mean?
 But he orchestrated the first WTC bombing and the bombing of the USS
Cole, plus the bombing of a disco in Berlin, from his base in Sudan, where
he
likely is now (if not in Kashmir).

Marc:
The government almost certainly not, but I'm not aware of anyone making
that
claim. It is the "fraternal brotherhoods," the "Ikhwan" (association of
Moslem
Brotherhood -- like the Knights of Columbus to the Catholics) and
madrassam, or
religious schools, that do the fund-raising. They are based in Saudi
because
"that's where the money is."

Dan:
And this is what I was talking about. The Saudi government is not
supporting this (at least officially), but is unable to deal with
brotherhoods without losing support and power.

> Last I heard we still have bases in Saudi Arabia -

Marc:
You have one base near Dhohar, and its status is in doubt. When you build a
base
in a foreign country its status is always that of a guest installation of
the
host country. You know, like Guantanamo Bay and Panama City. Well, on
second
thought, let's not go too far with the hospitality thang.

Dan:
Nevertheless, it is still there, and still in operation. The personnel are
even allowed to leave the base and play the tourist in town. I suspect that
this is also the base where the Southern Iraqi no-fly zone is patrolled
from.
Germany would probably be a better example for what you're looking for.