At 12:34 PM 10/2/02 -0400 Jon Spencer favored us with:
>It is nice to know that John thinks that there are no moral people anywhere
>in the world (does that include you, John?)  I personally take exception to
>this, because here our or little part of the vineyard, there are hundreds of
>righteous men and women doing there best.

Excuse me. Can't you read?  I said there are no honorable nations.  I didn't say there
were no honorable people.  There are hundred of thousand, perhaps even millions of
honorable men and women in the USA.  But the nation is an honorable one only if they
are a majority.  And the last few elections have proven that they are not a majority.

>We are NOT like the days of (the prophet) Noah.  Of course, we could simply
>fold up our tents and stay home, as you apparently would have us do.  We can
>all just slip down to Provo and live an isolated life, ignoring the pleas
>from our brothers and sisters around the world.  We can all just let our
>respective governments fall into total chaos and lift nary a hand to keep
>things afloat so that our missionaries (who should just keep there noses out
>of others business and stay home) can reach all peoples and nations and
>tongues.  We could let evil run rampant and do nothing.  THEN, perhaps, we
>would be "in a time that is like the days of Noah."

We need to correct the evil in ourselves before we go on an international crusade to
correct the evil in others overseas.

>We certainly do not have a King Benjamin, but we are a long way from King Noah
>(currently anyway, unless we sit by and do nothing).

Would you have said that while Clinton was in office?  I cannot imagine that King Noah
was any more a scum bag than Bill Clinton was.  And the same people who put Clinton
into office are the ones who put Bush into office.  They are the powers of the earth
who reign with horror all over our planet.  They don't care about you, or me, or the
Kurds, or the Iraqis who never elected Saddam.  They care only for their own wealth
and power.  And they are the ones who want this war.

Tell me, if we go over to Iraq and kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis as we did
during the Gulf War, how many of the dead will be those who elected Saddam Hussein?
Zero.  If we defeat Saddam, do you think that prosecuting him as a war criminal will
bring any of those hundreds of thousands back to life?  I don't want blood on my
hands.  Knowing you to be the good and decent man that you are, it surprises me that
you do not feel the same.

Jesus Christ said, "And blessed are all the peacemakers, for they shall be called the
children of God." (3 Ne. 12: 9)

He also said we are not to go to war until after the enemy has come out against us
three times, and we have warned them each time.

Ah...  I don't want to talk about this any more.  It is too depressing.

John W. Redelfs                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the
darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in
high [places]. (Ephesians 6:12)
"All my opinions are tentative pending further data." --JWR