At some point in the past, Marc wrote:

Am not sure I follow your point about moral matters. Let me put it this way,
though: we pay a higher cost for the moral high ground -- look at the
reaction of
people like Cousin Bill to Chrétien's caution about going to war with Iraq.
It's
a simple fact of geopolitics that the US has substantial economic control
over
Canada, and that limits our "level ground" choices. It doesn't eliminate
them,
just makes them more expensive.
--------------------
Actually, to tell you the truth, I was reacting without really thinking.  I
have, for so long, been trained (by myself) to do just assume American
foreign policy is always correct.  I have become much more Libertarian in my
views of late, and do not really relish the thought of going to war with
Iraq.  I did not vote for Bush.  I will never vote for a Bush.  But that's
not really what I wanted to write about here.

Wives make all the difference in the world.  But I will admit, I am very
happy that I went to Canada, even though it was for only about 7 hours or
so.  The remnants of Isidore didn't help, but I didn't even think about the
PMs remarks while I was there.  We had a great time, except that we weren't
aware how early the Maid of the Mist and Journey Behind the Falls closed
down, so we were unable to visit those.  We will definitely have to go back.
Niagara Falls are just amazingly beautiful.  As we were walking, about the
only thing my wife and I could say was "Sugoi" (great).

WARNING:  A somewhat delicate subject is about to come up.  It doesn't
violate the charter (at least I don't think it does) but some people may not
want to read on.

I do have a question about Rainbow Bridge.  It would seem to me that anyone
who wanted to commit suicide couldn't find a much more beautiful place to do
it than right there.  Absolutely no fence or anything to stop someone from
jumping.  I guess it could also be used for murder, though I assume cameras
or something would make it almost impossible to get away with.  But whose
jurisdiction would that be?  I guess it would be perfect for a murder /
suicide deal.  Marc, do you have any kind of statistics on how many people
jump or attempt to jump?

Bill Lewis AKA
Cousin Bill
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Guess what!  I'm published!  Check out this link:
http://www.writers-and-publishers.com/ebooks