I can avoid giving root access to the users with sudo.
But does that mean giving them zones will be easier or safer?

Yes, giving away "root access" in non-global zones is very safe. There
is no way to escape from a non-global zone to another non-global zone
or to the global zone. So even the root user can only modify settings
in his own zone.

BTW, there are a number of good articles on zones/containers at:
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/zones/
http://www.sun.com/blueprints/browsedate.html

Rayson

Any guidance greatly appreciated! (should mention I have lots of experience
with sol9 and 8 but none with sol10...

TIA

Tony