Hey Jerry,

Does this address this comment in 6621020:

"
This appears to point out at least one bug in zlogin, namely that it
keeps stdout_pipe[1] and stderr_pipe[1] from noninteractive_login()
open when returning to the parent.
"

Basically, I think the filer expected to see something like:

        pipe(stdout);
        pipe(stderr);

        if (fork() == 0) {
                /* in child, close pipe sides read by parent) */
                close(stdout[0]);
                close(stderr[0]);

                .. write to std*[1]...
                exit(..);
        }
        /* in parent, close pipe sides written by child */
        close(stdout([1]);
        close(stderr([1]);

        ... read from std*[0] ...

I think the "in child" part is handled by the closefrom on line 1559, but
the parent does not close the sides of the pipes that the child writes to.

-Steve