On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 08:48:17AM -0600, Jerry Jelinek wrote:
> This includes the changes for the feedback I have
> received so far.  I also added the zlogin.c file
> to the webrev with two bug fixes.  One of these was for
> a bug I was hitting during testing of these changes
> and there is a second bug in zlogin that came in
> which I also fixed.  So, at a minimum, it would be
> good to take a look at that additional file.

Why timeout the poll(2) call when you can have a signal handler that
writes a byte into a pipe that you could poll() for?

That's the "standard" way (well, one of them) to handle signals +
polling.  (E.g., we use it in Sun_SSH.)

If you do it this way you get more responsiveness and you don't waste
time waking up the zlogin process when there's nothing to do (this last
is important w.r.t. power consumption).