hey jerry,
some final comments.
ed

- could you update the sn1 brand so that it will still work?
  (it's broken on x86 because of 6703962, but it should still work on sparc.)

usr/src/lib/libbrand/dtd/brand.dtd.1

- so after reading the comments for "predetach" and "detach"
  i still have no idea what the difference is between when
  the two callbacks are invoked.

- for the "clone" callback, is it possible for the clone operation
  to fail after the callback has been invoked?  (in which case the
  callback needs to be re-run friendly like the "*detach" callbacks.)

- "validatesnap", perhaps the description could be changed to:
        Identifies the hook to invoke when cloning a zone to validate
        the source zone snapshot that should have been created
        using the built-in ZFS clone support.