Mike Gerdts wrote:
I suspect that making live upgrade work within a zone would be
significantly easier if ZFS was a prerequisite.  It looks as though
the ipkg brand already has support for mounting the appropriate
dataset on boot and attach.  Delegated datasets can be snapshotted and
cloned within the non-global zone.  It seems as though the only
missing bits (without having read the LU code) are:

- Live Upgrade shouldn't try to read or update OBP through PICL or otherwise
- The brand needs to trick live upgrade into thinking that it is in
the global zone

I don't care so much if Live Upgrade or something else is chosen, I
just see the lack of a live upgrade work-alike as a potential blocker
to adoption.

Mike,

Yes, we agree that some sort of upgrade solution is a requirement.

Thanks,
Jerry