I don't understand your statement that OpenSolaris 2009.06 does not support
sparse zone. I would appreciate if you could clarify what you meant by "We
don't have sparse zones in 2009.06..."

I thought by using the commands "add inherit-pkg-dir", "set dir=/xxx" (for
/lib, /platform, /sbin and /usr) would create so-called sparse-zones on
OpenSolaris 2009.06. In fact, I have just successfully doen this a few mintues
ago.

The difference between Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris is that, on Solaris 10 by
using the "create" would automatically inherit all the 4 directories mentioned
above, and by using "create -b" would create a "whole-root" zone. On
OpenSolaris, however, by using "create" (without the -b option) would be
creating whole-root zones as it does not inherit any directories from the
global zones. It would be nice also if you could explain what is the rationale
behind this difference. Thanks!