Vladi,

You can mount the filesystem tree that you want to share anywhere in your local zone(s). You can do it in the zone configuration (using zonecfg) but you'll need to reboot the zone to take it into account; or using a mount command from the global zone to have the data appear in a running zone.

Practically:

For the zonecfg case, as in the zonecfg(1M) man page:
       zonecfg:myzone3> add fs
       zonecfg:myzone3:fs> set dir=/appl/fs
       zonecfg:myzone3:fs> set special=/export/appl/fs
       zonecfg:myzone3:fs> set type=lofs
       zonecfg:myzone3:fs> add options [rw,nodevices]
       zonecfg:myzone3:fs> end

The result is: when you are logged in the local zone you'll see an /appl/fs directory showing the content of the /export/appl/fs directory from the global zone. You'll be allowed to write to this directory as you want.

And you can share this same directory the same way in any other local zone in parallel.

I guess this is what you are asking for.

        -=-=-=-

Now about the automounter, I share Nico's point of view, but as far as I know nothing like that already exist, and No, the automounter or a mount request isn't 'clever' enough (or customized enough) yet to handle NFS data shared by the global zone and translate the mount request into an LOFS mount. So be careful with NFS share from the global zone when you have local zones on the same machine.

HTH,

Cheers,
William.