William Roche wrote:
> Now about the automounter, I share Nico's point of view, but as far as
> know nothing like that already exist, and No, the automounter or a
> mount
> request isn't 'clever' enough (or customized enough) yet to handle NFS
> data shared by the global zone and translate the mount request into an
> LOFS mount. So be careful with NFS share from the global zone when you
> have local zones on the same machine.

The global zone could be the one running automount.  Since it knows what host
is "local", it'll convert the nfs mounts to lofs automagically.

For each zone, add the zone's automount entries to global:/etc/auto_master as
/zonepath/root/home +auto_home vers=3,nosuid (for example)

Haven't tried it.  It would muck up NFSv4 identities, and blur the lines
between the global zone administrator and a local zone admin.

--Joe