On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 01:27:34PM -0700, Virginia Wray wrote:
> On 02/ 9/12 12:47 PM, Will Fiveash wrote:
> ># zlogin mit /usr/sbin/sysconfig configure -g system -c
> >/var/tmp/mit.profile.xml
> >svcadm: No such instance "svc:/system/svc/restarter:default".
>
> The problem is that you booted the zone and then ran the sysconfig
> command.  On first boot of the zone, the sysconfig utility is
> automatically invoked for an interactive configuration.  The system
> isn't completely on line, which I think accounts for the svcadm error.
>
> You are, in effect, trying to run sysconfig when it is already
> running.

OK, that makes sense.  I can see now in the solaris.5 man page that I
can use either zoneadm "clone -c profile.xml" or "install -c
profile.xml" to apply the sysconfig profile data properly.

As an aside, it seems bogus to me that sysconfig requires the profile
file end in .xml.  Wouldn't it be better if it made sure the first
non-blank line in the profile file was:

<!DOCTYPE service_bundle SYSTEM "/usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/service_bundle.dtd.1">

?

--
Will Fiveash
Oracle Solaris Software Engineer