On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:45:14 -0800, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Let's put it this way: By the time Plone 2.5 is releases (if according to
roadmap), Zope 2.8 is one month away from being *discontinued*. Conservative
or not, I wouldn't bet on a release line that won't receive bugfixes the
minute I start using it...

Note that I'm not saying it *won't* ship with 2.9, just that we reserve the right to ship with 2.8, since the 2.9 status is still uncertain, and since neither the Zope or Plone teams have released anything on the actual date of the deadline so far. I think it's great that we have a somewhat reliable time-based release schedule - but all the kinks are not worked out yet. ;)