Marius Gedminas wrote:
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:06:37AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:

What about renaming the Zope 3 zope package to "z".

Examples (from the buddydemo example):

 import z.interface
 from z.app import zapi
 from z.app.event import publish
 from z.app.event.objectevent import ObjectModifiedEvent

-1 for purely aesthetic reasons (IOW, I'm used to zope.something).

Is this really just a matter of what you're used to? If you didn't have lots of experience typing "zope", would typing "z" instead really bother you?

I actually like the z by itself.  Perhaps because it
echos the "circle z".  I think I also like it because it seems to add
less noise to the import lines.

For example, I think I actually prefer:

  import z.interface
  from z.app import zapi
  from z.app.event import publish
  from z.app.event.objectevent import ObjectModifiedEvent

to:

  import zope.interface
  from zope.app import zapi
  from zope.app.event import publish
  from zope.app.event.objectevent import ObjectModifiedEvent

Jim