Jim Fulton wrote:
Give the responses. I need to recast my question as a selection among alternatives. But, before I do that, we will need to consider alternatives a bit more.
OK, here's another.
What about renaming the Zope 3 zope package to "z".
- It fits with the expansion of "Zope": "Z Object Publishing Environment".
- It's short :)
- *At this time* (but after the move to svn), it's not too hard to make a change like this for Zope 3. Backward compatibility is not a big issue. This will change when X3.0 is released, which is why I'm bothering to deal with this now.
- This was suggested a couple of years ago when coming up with the Zope 3 package layout.
Examples (from the buddydemo example):
import z.interface from z.app import zapi from z.app.event import publish from z.app.event.objectevent import ObjectModifiedEvent
Other reasons I like "z":
- Less noise in imports
- Echos the "circle z"
- The packages in "z" can be used for more than just Zope
- Emphasizes the more "minimalist" nature of Zope 3 relative to Zope 2
- "z" is a component of "zope"
OK, I'm getting carried away. Sorry ;)
-- Jim Fulton mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Python Powered! CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org Zope Corporation http://www.zope.com http://www.zope.org
Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists - http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce