Chris McDonough wrote:
On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 11:45 +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Then there's something I know little about, but is also believed planned for Zope 2.9:

* blob storage, file iterators

Thanks for mentioning this.  I'd like to see blob storage get in before
2.9.  I think it'd be a good candidate for a 2.8-dot release because
it's backwards compatible and optional.   It ahould be "done" (needs a
bit more testing and some minor implementation decisions) in the next
few weeks, I suspect.

It can't go into a bug fix release because it is a new feature.

Perhaps you can find a way to release it as an add-on product.

It would be good for people to get some experience with it
before it is released in a stable release.

Filestream iterators are already in 2.8 (they were added somewhere in

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation