Geoff Davis wrote:
2) Could we get support from others in the Zope community for
infrastructure _not_ related to Plone?

Yes, but it needs to be minimal and simple. No big frameworks like CPS or Plone are either minimal or simple. ZWiki meets the criteria but wikis have their own problems...

3) Could we arrange a reasonable division of labor for systems
administration so that things can get done?

The trouble is that everything in a project like this is highly transitive. People think they'll be able to help, then they get busy and can't help anymore. Myself and Jens were really up for helping about a year ago, but then we both lost most of our time to a "big project".

Michael's been fantastic for a long time, but even so, he may not _always_ be able to help...