Jim Fulton wrote:

On Sep 26, 2007, at 3:32 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
* working from an svn checkout, in which case setuptools will use the list of which files are in svn and which aren't as a hint of what to include and what not

Certainly, I expect CHANGES.txt to be in svn. I've just doeble checked that files from the root of the package that are checked into svn *are* included in sdists.

I retract my objection to CHANGES.txt and offer my apologies.

Excellent, we all agree then. :) I did go and check, which is why I was so mystified by your statements that it wasn't there.

Regards,

Martijn