Matt,

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Matt Mahoney <matmaho...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Steve Richfield wrote:
> > I would feel a **LOT** better if someone explained SOME scenario to
> eventually emerge from our current economic mess.
>
> What economic mess?
>
> http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=wb-wdi&ctype=l&strail=false&nselm=h&met_y=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=country&idim=country:USA&tdim=true&tstart=-315619200000&tunit=Y&tlen=48&hl=en&dl=en
>
> Perhaps you failed to note the great disparity between the US and the
World's performance since 2003, or that with each year, greater percentages
of the GDP is going into fewer and fewer pockets. Kids starting out now
don't really have a chance.

> <http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=wb-wdi&met=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&tdim=true&dl=en&hl=en&q=world+gdp#met=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&idim=country:USA&tdim=true>>
>  Unemployment
> appears to be permanent and getting worse,
>
> When you pay people not to work, they are less inclined to work.

That does NOT explain that there are MANY unemployed for every available
job, and that many are falling off the end of their benefits with nothing to
help them. This view may have been true long ago, but it is now dated and
wrong.

Steve