Ian,

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Ian Parker <ianpark...@gmail.com> wrote:

> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-jacobson/google-and-cia-invest-in_b_664525.html>
> Let's take another example. In WW1 the British (and French) shot a large
> number of soldiers for cowardice. The Germans shot only 2 and the Americans
> did not shoot anybody.

There was a movie made about the one that we shot, but as I recall, it was
for dereliction of duty rather than cowardice.

Things have come a LONG way since "decimation", executing one out of every
10 soldiers, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-bang, was the frequent result of widespread
cowardice.

> Haig was absolutely convinced of the *freeloading* theory, which was
> clearly at variance with the facts as the Germans and Americans proved.
> People persist in working on completely the wrong theory.

I don't understand why this is. Do you have any theories?

Steve