Steve Richfield wrote

> I suspect that this tool could work better than any AGI in the absence of
> such a tool.

I see an AGI more as a support tool that collects and assesses data,
creates and evaluates hypotheses, develops goals and plans how to reach
them and assists people with advice. The logic stuff would already be
built into all that.

> My simple (and completely unacceptable) cure for this is to tax savings,
> to force the money back into the economy.

You have either consumption or savings. The savings are put back into
the economy in form of credits to those who invest the money.