Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:42:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Muskopf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Need E30 325i tachometer/wiring help

Hi all,
My 1989 325i tach is not working. I am building up a Spec E30 car,
and I can't figure out what is wrong. I have a known working cluster.

Could it be a bad SI board? Will new batteries help?

Which wire carries the signal from the Motronic box to the tach? I
think it's a white with black stripe wire, but I'm not sure. Anyone
know which pin on which plug on the back of the cluster it is? And
which pin on the big Motronic plug is it?  The E30 Bentley manual is
lacking in wiring diagrams.

Can I simply take a wire from the coil ground to the instrument
cluster like an aftermarket tach?

I'm desperate. I need to get this fixed by tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!
JamesM

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail