--- JDG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At least the Red States will control the nukes this
> time around!     ;-)
>

> <ducking>

That was genuiely funny, don't duck.

Though in the category of "I feel it but can't back it
up" (the category that covered nearly ALL of the
right's venom toward Clinton), I seriously worry about
what W might do if he saw power slipping away.

In general, under all such circumstance, our great
hope must rest (as it did during Nixon's Watergate
paroxysms) in the professionalism and fidelity of the
US Officer Corps, the third most highly educated group
in America (after professors and doctors).

Judging from the rate at which retired generals ans
admirals are stepping up to speak their minds, we
should have that bulwark on our side.