--- David Brin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Judging from the rate at which retired generals ans
> admirals are stepping up to speak their minds, we
> should have that bulwark on our side.

Facts, again.  I believe that the ratio of senior
officers who have publicly pledged their support to
the Bush Administration to that supporting Kerry is
well over 2:1.  Kerry is very, very, very unpopular in
the military, to put it mildly.  Had the Democrats run
anyone reasonable (Lieberman or Gephardt, for example)
that may have been different, but other than Dean, no
other candidate could have been so carefully
calibrated to alientate the military.  Except maybe
Wes Clark, actually, but other than him.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"