>From: Frank Hage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>: But DVD-* media is cheaper and I see no advantage in using DVD+ media.

>One advantage I find is the ability to burn directly from NFS mounted
>partitions. It's slow but it works well. I've got gobs and gobs of data
>spread across many machines, many filled to capacity. It takes me less
>time and a lot less work to cross mount our aging workstations and burn
>directly than it does to copy and create iso files, and then burn.

I see no relation between DVD- vs. DVD+ and NFS.

The write speed does not matter if you use BUrnProof or packet writing.
Of course DVD+RW _only_ supports packet writing...

>Other advantages are the ability to completely fill the disks (> 4 GB
>iso files are a problem on 32 bit systems) and not needing free space
>for the disk images.

It looks like you are confused.

>Although its possible to pipe mkisofs output to cdrecord and avoid
>producing an image, (which I usually do for CDR), buffer underruns
>are a problem when the files live across on a NFS partition.

See above.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling