Am Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 04:25:49PM +0000 schrieb weepingclown:
> While perfectly understanding the weak collaboration model reasoning, I've
> still always found DPT as uploader and not maintainer rather absurd TBH. The
> current go to tool (as I understand it) for python packaging, py2dsp, also
> creates an initial packaging with team in uploaders section and the person as
> maintainer; something that I find even more absurd. Not only would I welcome
> this suggested change, I also think it is better if py2dsp default to
> starting with DPT as maintainers.

Good point.  I've filed

  #1064952 pypi2deb: Please set DPT as Maintainer and the ID of the person
calling py2dsp as uploader

with a patch that works for me in one test example.

The interesting thing is that a tool targeting at streamlining the work
of DPT is not team maintained itself.  It is maintained by those two
maintainers who obviously see some value in the weak cooperation option

udd=> SELECT * FROM (select maintainer, count(*) from sources where uploaders
like '%team+pyt...@tracker.debian.org%' and release = 'sid' group by maintainer
order by maintainer) tmp WHERE count > 20;
             maintainer              | count
 Piotr Ożarowski <pi...@debian.org> |    23
 Sandro Tosi <mo...@debian.org>      |    82
(2 rows)

which might influence their decision of the design of the tool.

Kind regards
    Andreas.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/1064952

--