Hi Michael,

Am Samstag, 18. Oktober 2008 schrieb Michael Riepe:
> Hi!
>
> Ralph Glasstetter wrote:
> > any idea what went wrong and/or under what conditions that corrupted
> > files have been produced? Can you reproduce it?
>
> I have no idea what's causing it. Only some of the index files are bad;
> I guess there must be an error somewhere in the index generation or

Apart from the not allocated/checked space for the 7 fake pics in the index
(which you already found) I found another thing....

Did you generate some of your index files with the '-generateidx' switch?

That way index::save() is used to write the index at once after generation and
there I forgot to include writing of the 7 fake pics ...

 index::save(int fd, std::string *errorstring, bool closeme) {
-  int len = pictures * sizeof(picture);
+  //int len = pictures * sizeof(picture);
+  // don't forget the 7 fake pics at the end with the resolution lookup table
+  int len = (pictures+7) * sizeof(picture);
   int res = 0;

But this does not result in not being able to open the index file at all...it
just shows huge numbers for the resolution because of the last 7 real pics
interpreted as resolution lookup table.

At the moment batch indexing of my video disk is running and I'll have a look
later if I can find other problems ...

ciao,
Ralph