Hi!

Ralph Glasstetter wrote:

> any idea what went wrong and/or under what conditions that corrupted files
> have been produced? Can you reproduce it?

I have no idea what's causing it. Only some of the index files are bad;
I guess there must be an error somewhere in the index generation or

> Guess when it only occures sometimes it could have something to do with
> somehow corrupted video files and your attempts to correct/check for a wrong
> index in combination with the 7 fake pictures...

Well, the index checking code has been there for years, and it never
triggered a false alarm.

>>Therefore, I turned off generation of the new format. The display
>>part of Ralph's patch is still there, however.
>

> Yeah, it was a good idea to have that 2nd backward compatible solution! :)

Besides that, I didn't remove the code, so we can re-enable it once we
found the cause.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>