Hi,

Am Samstag, 18. Oktober 2008 schrieb Michael Riepe:
> Hi!
>
> Ralph Glasstetter wrote:
> > any idea what went wrong and/or under what conditions that corrupted
> > files have been produced? Can you reproduce it?
>
> I have no idea what's causing it. Only some of the index files are bad;
> I guess there must be an error somewhere in the index generation or

hmmm, apart form that 3 leading bits I didn't touch index generation itself...
so I guess it's the loading code and the 7 fake pics.

> > Guess when it only occures sometimes it could have something to do with
> > somehow corrupted video files and your attempts to correct/check for a
> > wrong index in combination with the 7 fake pictures...
>
> Well, the index checking code has been there for years, and it never
> triggered a false alarm.
yes, of course... but maybe it now sometimes tries to check/repair that 7 fake
pics at the end?

The only thing I did is reduce the picture number by 7 but maybe some part of
the code doesn't use that number....? Just a guess without looking at the
code again....

> >>Therefore, I turned off generation of the new format. The display
> >>part of Ralph's patch is still there, however.
> >
> > Yeah, it was a good idea to have that 2nd backward compatible solution!
> > :)
>
> Besides that, I didn't remove the code, so we can re-enable it once we
> found the cause.

Yeah, I've absolutely no problem with that...

That time I only tested it with very few uncut videos I had on PC, since I
don't archive so much recordings these days ... I even don't watch them. ;-)

But if I find the time later his day I can put in my second (full) receiver
disk and do some batch indexing... just to see if I can reproduce the
misbehaviour.

ciao
ralph