Hi!

> please find attached a patch I started a while ago when Alexander Winizki
> wrote his "New Features Request" and which I forgot until now ...
>
> It adds some picture infos about current resolution, fps and aspect ratio
> below every displayed picture (inbetween the 2 go-buttons/timestamps).
>
> All this infos actually are already read from MPEG headers and stored into
> our
> index structure expect the resolution which we forgot ... I found two
> solutions for this:
>
> 1. Simply get it from an Qimage via imageprovider() which I expected to be
> somewhat slow when scrolling through the video (but actually I couldn't
> notice a  big difference).

Nor could I.

> 2. Store read resolutions at end of index file and use the 3 (up to now)
> unused leading bits of the index structure to point at this dynamic lookup
> table.
>
> A static table isn't feasible since there are more than 7 possible
> resolutions
> out there in DVB-land and that way we even can have up to 7 different
> resolutions per video which should be enough (a zero automatically means no
> resolutions stored = old index file format).
>
> Actually I'm not sure if the resolution can ever change during a recording
> resp. transmission... if not, one should better stick to option 1 and
> determine it only once from the very first picture read!

As far as I can tell, the keep the same resolution and change only the
aspect ratio.

> Also if someone minds changing the format of the index file...
>
> At the moment with this patch Option 1 is only used when an old index file
> has
> been read. All newly created index files get automatically the lookup table
> (=7 faked pictures) attached to the end which increases them by 7x16bytes.
> If one ever tries to read a new indexfile with and old dvbcut an error about
> invalid indexfile is raised... at least when I tried that with my example
> video. ;-)

Apparently, the backwards compatibility mode works fine - and that's all
we need. You can always re-generate the index if you have an old version
of dvbcut.

I just applied two patches: r132 contains the "write return status"
patch I posted earlier, r133 this one. Make sure you run "make clean"
before you recompile.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>