Hi,

Am Freitag, 10. Oktober 2008 schrieb Michael Riepe:
> > Actually I'm not sure if the resolution can ever change during a
> > recording resp. transmission... if not, one should better stick to option
> > 1 and determine it only once from the very first picture read!
>
> As far as I can tell, the keep the same resolution and change only the
> aspect ratio.

That's also what I observed... but maybe there are (HW or SW) solutions out
there which allow channel switching during a recording?

And I also don't know if those MPEG2 HDTV transmissions (which exist in other
countries) can change resolution ... I've doubts that all trailers and
commercials inbetween are in the same high resolution.

So, with not assuming anything, we're on the save side...

> I just applied two patches: r132 contains the "write return status"
> patch I posted earlier, r133 this one. Make sure you run "make clean"
> before you recompile.

Thanks for all your efforts!
BTW, r133 is not yet commited... ;-)

ciao