Hi!

Ralph Glasstetter wrote:

> Apart from the not allocated/checked space for the 7 fake pics in the index
> (which you already found) I found another thing....
>
> Did you generate some of your index files with the '-generateidx' switch?

Yes, I always do that.

> That way index::save() is used to write the index at once after generation
> and
> there I forgot to include writing of the 7 fake pics ...
>
>  index::save(int fd, std::string *errorstring, bool closeme) {
> -  int len = pictures * sizeof(picture);
> +  //int len = pictures * sizeof(picture);
> +  // don't forget the 7 fake pics at the end with the resolution lookup table
> +  int len = (pictures+7) * sizeof(picture);
>    int res = 0;
>
> But this does not result in not being able to open the index file at all...it
> just shows huge numbers for the resolution because of the last 7 real pics
> interpreted as resolution lookup table.

My dvbcut complained about missing sequence numbers, and that may have
been caused by an erroneous interpretation of the last seven entries
(which actually were real pictures, not fake ones).

I'll try your patch, and if it helps, I'll also re-enable the fake pictures.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>