>>I think that each way of doing it will give you a different look and feel to
the final yarn. Personally, I would lean towards all 5 at once or ply 3,
ply 2 and then ply those together.

Are all the plies identical or are the different?<<

I sort of was going for plying them all together. This is the first time
that I deliberately sat down to spin, with an eye towards spinning as
fine a single as possible. I have to ply all 5 together, to get a yarn
thick enough for me to want to knit it into a shawl.

I tried my best to keep the yarns as identical as possible, in twist, etc. All
the singles
have merino, with another fiber thrown in, just because I was experimenting
with various fibers.
So there's going to be differences in the plies, based on the various
fibers I used.

I can tell it's going to be a learning experience.

--
wrnk
d2