From: fibernet@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fiber...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Lynn & Terry Chapin
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:41 PM
To: fibernet@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [fibernet] I need plying info

"Plying" is twisting 2 or more singles together in the direction
opposite to their original spinning twist. The singles all nest
together, creating a unit, especially after it's washed and all the
twist softens together. Twisting a 3 ply yarn with a 2 ply (or any
other combination of plied yarn twisted with another plied yarn or a
single) is not "plying" per se, it is Cabling. The yarn created is very
different.

Lynn C
Seattle