This sounds a little like a bug I encountered in FrameMaker 9. If I used the arrow keys to scroll, the cursor moved extremely slowly and would travel at only about one character per second. I'm not sure what the issue was, but it occurred when the Paragraph Designer was open and got worse if the Character Designer was also open. The "Hide panels on Close" setting was the key. Perhaps this old bug has worked its way back into new code. It wouldn't be the first time with FM.

Anyway, Amit Agarwal of Adobe sent me a fix that worked for my problem. Perhaps it will solve your problem, too:

========

1. For the problematic workspace, check from Window -> Panels (this shows the
list of open panels, the checked ones are visible panels, others are open but
might not be visible)
2. Click on the para designer.
3. Now, with these steps:
        i.       File -> Preferences -> Interface
        ii.      Uncheck "Hide panels on Close" (This option kills a panel on
close,
                   else a panel would stay open in the background)
        iii.     Close Para Designer

========

Mike Wickham