Tossing bottles, cans, wrappings and other trash on the street and sidewalk
is, I believe, a sign of poor upbringing and poor education.  It's a
reflection on parents, teachers and society-- where 'being a slob' is too
readily tolerated.  It's the 'me' generation, with their 'get outta my face'
attitude making a statement.  By their actions, they are disrespecting
themselves and the public environment.  What their actions are really saying
is, 'look at me, I'm a fool and I don't care.'  Well, they got that one
right!

Michael Hohmann
Linden Hills