Gosh!

Hadn't expected this to be come such a "hot topic". I guess I was asking a
contentious question based on what people were saying about the caldav
standard on the list and my own research into DAV servers for small systems.
I don't even pretend to be an expert in these protocols and areas, although
I am someone who is willing and able to pick up technologies as required. I
am thankful for these discussions which have explained the development
strategy much more fully and especially Helge's informative post about the
state of CalDAV.

Kervin, I completely understand the issue of resources, the questions were
really about target markets and what the list thought about them. It seems
my particular market (home user, wanting to set up shared calendar systems
on low resources - setting up large groupware systems not an option) will
have to wait until either:
a) a small (PHP) calendar product supports CalDAV
b) other individual interfaces are written for otlkcon when the caldav
interface is perfected and people have time and inclination for other things

As a point of clarity, I never intended any criticism or FUD regarding
CalDAV or its implementation, I was reporting my (in)experience given my
requirements. I appologise for any concern caused.

Very best regards,

Matt

P.S. I use a hotmail address for all public-facing web discussion as spam
protection. Why hotmail? It was one of the first available in 1996 when I
set up my account (before it was bought by Microsoft in 1998/9). I also use
it via Outlook 2003, but didn't know it was WebDAV because it's all hidden
away.