Don't you have any kind of consumer protection over there? I mean, for a
retailer to be allowed to turn away a faulty product after a week or so is
disgraceful.

Last August - 10 months ago - I bought a netbook from amazon.co.uk. It's
been heavily used since then, on a daily basis. Last week it stopped working
and today I found out it's a problem with the motherboard, so I phoned
Amazon, told them the problem and they said 'ok, send it back. That model's
no longer available so we'll refund you in full'. I told them I was going to
wipe the hard disk first, to remove all personal data, and they were fine
with that.

Great service, but they are in any case obliged by law in Europe to do this.

Bob