Hey Shirley!  I've been on this page forever and learned lots from y'all,
but I tend to keep kinda quiet.  Not sure what your situation is exactly,
but I've been a C5-6 quad for 30 years and I had always done intermittent
cathing, relying on someone else for help with it.  In February of this
year, I finally took the plunge and got a Mitrofinoff with bladder
augmentation. I had tried a suprapubic for about 6 months, but hated it and
the multiple never ending infections it caused, so I started looking more
into the Mitrofinoff then.  I can now do my own cathing almost all of the
time, through a stoma in my belly button that I use a male 16" catheter
for.  The bladder augmentation helped wonders, and I was pretty unfamiliar
with what that was, or what wonders it could do when I received it.  It
helps absorb the bladder spasms, gives you more capacity and my doc said it
helps lessen infections somehow (still trying to figure that out).  The
only draw back is they use your bowel for the augmentation, which in turn
causes lots of goobers in your urine (doc says the bowel still does what
its supposed to do).  But it's super nice to not have to lay down 4 times a
day to use the restroom, and basically pee wherever I want to!

Have an amazing day!

Michelle