Eric - I was TERRIFIED of the Mitrofinoff surgery for about 28 years.  I
had never had a surgery other than my spinal fusion, so I was not on board
with signing up for anything major!  I'm also on blood thinners because of
blood clots/pulmonary embolism and I'm overweight, so add those two layers
of suck to the mix as well.  About 2 months after the pandemic hit my
gallbladder decided it didn't like me, so I had to have emergency surgery
to get that taken out (in the hospital completely ALONE for 5 days).  I was
scared, being my first big surgery, but it gave me a bit of confidence that
the unknown wasn't as scary as previously thought.  I've also done
childbirth as a quad, without an epidural (not by choice, it just happened
that way) so I maybe had a bit of false confidence added in the mix?  My
quad doc also said that I wanted to have it when my body could better
recover before I got too old, considering I just keep getting older...
Either way, it was an approximate 4 week recovery with the Mitrofinoff, but
my least favorite and worst part was the emptying of the bowels the day
before. A day of bed rest and a crazy amount of poo to handle!  I did about
2 weeks of bed rest healing and another 2 of light duty at home.  No
driving for a month and no car rides for a month.  My bowel bounced back
really well from having the 10" cut out of it for the augmentation, and my
incision from belly button to top of pubic line also healed much faster
than I anticipated.  My only regret was not getting it done sooner and I
kicked my own butt for waiting so long!  Especially when I have so much
more freedom with it.  If interested, I would see which docs are in your
area.  I actually declined the first doc (who did my suprapubic) as he was
an ass and did the surgery a bit different.  My second doc I went to was
soo much better and even had experience watching Dr. Mitrofinoff perform
his surgery.  That doc knew his stuff and had an excellent procedure.   I
had a 3 hour surgery and was out of the hospital and home in 3 days.

I'm interested to know how the gentamicin works, as I still get way to many
UTI"S.  I flush my bladder every other night, just to help keep my new
goobers out and in the hopes of keeping infections lower.