Hi all,

  Steve Lamb wrote:

> Thursday, November 18, 1999, 1:55:20 AM, Ali wrote:
>> If you create a new message from the address book, the cursor is
>> *still* placed in the 'To:' field initially. Hmmmm.

>     Of course.  That is to remain consistent with the behavior otherwise.
> Even if it is filled out people operate on memory and will tab down
> regardless.  Also they might want to add in CC, BCC addresses, change the
> subject, and so on.

Steve, please don't call peoples suggestions idiotic especially when
it's not necessary. The fact that you felt that way just shows up
yourself more than the person you indirectly insulted.

You are so automated and mechanical in your approach to usability
issues that it's unbelievable. I have no wish to have any exchanges
with you on the issue.

But:

Just for the benefit of the minds that exhibit more flexibility and
amicability to suggestion:

I do see Steve's point but:

a) Defending a feature as being correct simply because it's
traditional is rather weak at best. Nothing will ever change with such
an attitude.

b) If one invokes/creates a new mail message using the address book.
One would fill in all the addresses required, whether it be To: BCC:
or CC: via the address book. Why have the cursor still in the 'To:'
Field when you've already dealt with the addressing via the address
book or via the drop down menu beside the create new message toolbar
button?  Consistency? ..... Nah, I think that's a taking it a bit too
far. That's consistency to ones detriment. We are thinking, people
here.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-

   >>> Sign on baby's bib: SPIT HAPPENS. <<<
  Using The Bat! v1.37 Beta/3 [-] Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)