Hi all,

  Steve Lamb wrote:

> No, it is the point. People should learn to use the program, not the
> program to babysit the user.

So you consider it babysitting. Hmmmm. Oh boy. :)

>> Do you have statistics to prove *your* point. It was you who
>> introduced proving. :)

> Uhm, you're the one on the side that wants to change things. The
> burden of proof is at your feet, not mine.

What's this chicken and egg crap about? A point was brought up which
you thought was ridiculous enough to be rude and call it idiotic.
Prove why you say this instead of rationalize it like how I rationalize
mine, then expecting me to do more than you do to make your point.

>> You don't get the point do you? I didn't really expect it. It was
>> you who wrote it anyway. <sigh>

> Oh, I get the point. You don't get mine. I don't pussyfoot around.
> In all our conversations I have stated that repeatedly and I don't
> apologize for it. I really dislike all the political, buttkissing BS
> when it comes to getting things done. If something is idiotic I call
> it that. That is not the same as calling the person an idiot.
> Everyone makes idiotic moves all the time. I've been known to beat
> myself up over my idiotic mistakes for years after the fact in
> certain situations.

>From this paragraph, I can say Steve, that IMHO, you are simply being
rude and that's your fundamental problem. This discussion list doesn't
need any of it. It's downright disruptive and intimidates those who
don't know you for who you are.

What makes it worse is your lack of insight into it because you find
being polite political BS. That's crap and you know it. You just can't
be bothered and we are perhaps not worth the effort of a little of
your politeness. I am saying all this so that others will know that we
don't subscribe to this sort of behavior.

> But to spend so much time and effort to say the same thing in a
> "polite" and "non-threatening" manner is just wasted time and
> effort. Get a thicker skin or get out of the way.

Why be threatening in the first place?

> I hope I do for if I ever got to the level where such small UI
> issues were the only matters of contention it would mean the world
> would have the most powerful and robust MUA around which, instead of
> worrying about small UI issues first it would have IMAP done and out
> the door, automatic LDAP updates, be lean, mean and well documented.
> But, hey, you want to debate where %cursor goes instead of insist on
> getting real work done, fine by me.

That sounds rude again Steve. I am not shaken by it in the least but I
need to indicate your rudeness.

I don't wish to go on with this and I guess it will relieve others.

I, however, needed to make these points public since the previous
exchanges have been public.

[deletia]

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-

   >>> Unix: When you can't afford the very best. <<<
  Using The Bat! v1.37 Beta/3 [-] Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)