On Thursday, November 18, 1999, Steve Lamb wrote:

> No, it isn't an assumption. In creating a message there are several
> steps. In every other case the UI places you into the header section
> of the creation process before the body of the message with one
> exception, replies. Personally, I think it should there as well. This
> is consistency with the UI, logical consistency.

You're talking about a case, however, where the user has consciously
requested that the cursor be put in a specific position. Why not honor
that request? If the user finds that he is often having to go back to
the header, then he will delete the command from the template for the
small benefit of having the cursor jump over "Hello All" in the message
body. I have alot of standard messages that I use where I have all
the header information filled in with macros. I just find it annoying to
have to tab through the header fields.

--
Paula Ford
The Bat! 1.35 (reg)